Temperatures are dropping and there is nothing so great at the end of the day to relax you like a nice warm shower. There is also nothing so unpleasant as discovering the water in your shower going icy cold halfway through your experience. If you’ve been through this experience before, you know how unpleasant it can be; if you haven’t, trust us, you want to avoid it.
An icy shower is usually going to be an indicator that something is seriously wrong with your water heater. It may mean that you need to schedule a water heater replacement in Des Moines, IA. When you need help with selecting and replacing your water heater, you can turn to the team at Modern Heating And Air Conditioning.
Signs That You Need To Retire Your Water Heater
Let’s be real, a water heater replacement is no small job–nor is it cheap. We know that, which is why we want to help you out. Below we’ve listed the warning signs that you can keep on the alert for that will warn you it is time to plan for a replacement service.
- Your water heater is between 10 and 15 years old. Your water heater is going to need to be replaced when it gets too old. It might sound harsh but after a certain number of years, your system simply won’t be able to stand up to the effectiveness and efficiency of a more modern unit.
- The tank has developed a leak. Leaks are often repairable when they are in the pipes or connections of your water heater. However, if the system develops a leak in the tank itself due to corrosion, this does spell the end for your system. A leak in the water heater tank is not repairable.
- You notice the water temperature isn’t where it needs to be. Have you noticed that your system is producing water that fluctuates in temperature or only comes out lukewarm or even cold? This likely means that it is time to replace your water heater because it simply can’t get the job done anymore.
- The system needs frequent repairs. Your water heater will need repairs every now and then over the course of its lifespan. However if those repairs become a yearly occurrence, it means that your system needs to be replaced before it breaks down completely.
Choosing Your Next System
Do you need a new water heater for your home? If so, it is good to know what your options are. Our team can replace and install the following systems:
- Tankless water heaters: These are great for saving energy and providing you with a nearly endless supply of hot water. What’s more, tankless systems take up less space.
- Heat pump water heaters: Heat pump water heaters are another great option for saving energy as well. By transferring heat, your heat pump water heater efficiently creates warm water for the household in a cost-effective way.
Turn to a team you can trust for this service. Contact Modern Heating And Air Conditioning today.