When something goes wrong with your air conditioner, you want to have a professional HVAC technician around to fix whatever needs repairs. The question is, do you need an AC repair or AC replacement in Waukee, IA?
When you find yourself struggling with a troublesome air conditioner, you can turn to our team for help. The technicians at Modern Heating And Air Conditioning can figure out what is going on with your system and work with you on the next steps to take, whether that be repairs or replacement.
How to Tell You Need an AC Replacement
If you need an air conditioning system replacement, you want to get this job taken care of as soon as possible. Here are some of the signs that you may need to retire your long-standing AC unit and replace with a more modern system.
- Your AC unit is 10 to 15 years old. Age is a number that matters a lot when it comes to your air conditioner. Your AC isn’t going to last forever but it should last a pretty good amount of time. When your system ages beyond 10 years or is nearing 15 years of use, it means you need to start planning to replace it.
- Your system isn’t cooling your home anymore. An air conditioner that isn’t cooling your home anymore is going to be one that needs to be replaced. This is especially true if you have been diligent about getting your system maintained and repaired when needed.
- Your energy bills are too high. Your energy bills reflect your use of your air conditioner. However, if your energy bill is showing a much more extreme use of your AC system despite the fact that you have been using best practices for energy efficiency, it is likely a sign that something is wrong with it.
- You need frequent and expensive repairs. Repairs aren’t entirely avoidable but that doesn’t mean they should be frequent. If you are needing yearly repairs despite regular maintenance, or those repairs are getting to be far too expensive, it means that your system may be on its last leg.
Can Professional Repairs Do the Trick?
Just because something is wrong with your air conditioner doesn’t mean that it is necessary to replace the whole thing. Truthfully, you don’t want to replace your system if it can still be used for several more years. In this case, you should reach out for professional AC repairs. You will want to schedule a repair if you notice some of the following issues:
- Your system is making strange noises.
- There are hot spots throughout your home.
- The airflow is weaker than normal.
- Your AC is short cycling.
- You’ve noticed an uptick on your energy bills.
Professional Service Makes Things Easy
At the end of the day, whether you need repairs or a full replacement, you need a professional technician to get the job done. When you need help with your HVAC system, you can reach out to the team at Modern Heating And Air Conditioning. We know how to diagnose your system and provide the best service possible to keep you comfortable throughout the end of summer and any surprise heatwaves it might bring.