Water heaters are one of the most important parts of your home. Without them you’d obviously be without access to any warm water unless you made it on your own. If you have a water heater that is headed towards retirement in the near future, it is worthwhile to consider your options for replacement sooner than later.
One option that you should consider is a tankless water heater. Opting for a tankless water heater in Des Moines, IA is a great way to get the hot water you need with some great benefits.
How Tankless Water Heaters Work
If you have never heard of a tankless water heater before the concept may seem a little confusing period. How exactly do they work? We are happy to provide this info for you.
Tankless water heaters work when hot water is requested . The process goes something like this:
- You turn on a hot water tap in your home.
- The water heater gets the command to start producing hot water.
- Water is pulled into your tankless water heater warmed up and then sent to the part of your home that is its final destination.
It is a straightforward process that skips the need for storing gallons of water at a time, making things easier and more affordable in the long run.
The Perks of These Systems
Tankless water heaters are going to offer their fair share of benefits of course. If you are in the market for a new water heating system, consider if any of these perks are ones that make this system a great fit for your home needs.
- Great energy efficiency: Tankless water heaters only warm up water when it is demanded. This allows them to provide for your hot water needs while using far less energy. What’s more, it means that they are not susceptible to standby heat loss.
- Less space used: Because there is no storage tank necessary for this system, they take up far less space overall. This is great news if you are looking to reclaim a couple of square feet in your home for other purposes.
- Better water usage: Notice how we mentioned that a tankless water heater does not have to store gallons of water like its counterpart? This makes a huge difference. Tankless water heaters are able to provide for your hot water needs without needing to use nearly as much water. This is great for you and great for the environment.
Tankless water heaters may be a little less traditional than storage tank water heaters but this does not make them any less of a great option for your home. If you were looking to save water and energy then these can be ideal systems to meet your needs. If you’re not sure which type of water heater is the best fit for your home it is a great idea to reach out to a professional technician for assistance.
Come to the professional team at Modern Heating And Air Conditioning for your next water heater installation. Contact us today.